The Best Homemade Guacamole & Sea Salt Lime Tortilla Chips
Where are my avocado fans at? Better yet, where are all the guac lovers?! Guacamole is one of my absolute favorite appetizers. Personally, I prefer mine kind of chunky and bursting with flavor! Pair this guacamole with my easy version of sea salt lime tortilla chips! I’ll give you both recipes below!
- 2 large Haas avocados, pitted
- 2 TSP lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 TBSP cilantro leaves
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 diced roma tomatoes
- 1/2 TSP sea salt
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A dash of garlic powder
- Remove avocado from peel, and smash in medium bowl with a fork (don’t overdo it, leave it a little chunky!)
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lime juice (the lime juice will keep the avocados from browning)
- Add in the rest of the ingredients!
- Serve with tortilla chips! Recipe below:
Tortilla chips ingredients:
- 3-4 corn tortillas
- 1 lime
- A dash of sea salt
- Olive oil or olive oil cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cut your tortillas across 3 times to make 6 triangles
- Line a pan with olive oil spray. Squeeze lime juice over pan
- Arrange tortilla slices on a cookie sheet
- Either add some olive oil & lime juice to a mister, or spray tortillas with spray & squeeze lime juice all over
- Lightly sprinkle salt all over tortillas
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate chips, and place back in oven for 8 minutes. They will look crisp, but not too brown!
- Serve with guacamole recipe above or some delicious homemade salsa!