Ending the Year Strong
It’s December! It’s one of my favorite times of the year. To me, Christmas season is a time of comfort, giving, and gratitude. That’s why it’s so vital to end the year on a high note, and start preparing for the new year!
So, you may have noticed that I created a new section of my website, “Follow my Journey”. I created this for two reasons:
- For me: When I first started Build Strong Vibes, it used to be for me. This used to be a place where I came to work through my life. It helped me to reflect, and get all of my thoughts out into words.
- For you: I think the best way to learn is to see how other people work through things in action! I’ll still be creating lots of articles and recipes for you, but I also want you to follow me on a deeper level. Every day I’m either reading a personal development book or listening to a podcast. Each day I am learning new lessons that I am applying to my life, and I don’t want you to miss a thing!
I hope you enjoy reading some of my takeaways, and are able to apply them to your own lives!
Reflecting on November:
November was a phenomenal month for me. I truly learned so much about myself, and I feel more aligned with my purpose than ever.
I spent a lot of time focusing on myself. This was hard for me, you guys! I’m obsessed with my work! My passion is creating content for you all and helping as many people as I can. So naturally, I sometimes put myself on the back burner, and tend to everyone else’s needs first.
Another thing I noticed is that I set too many goals. Sounds a little crazy, right? Well, like I said, I’m obsessed. I truly wish I had the time to help everyone improve every area of their lives, but unfortunately I don’t. I ended up creating so many projects that overwhelm set in. Nothing was prioritized, and things got a little messy.
What I’m Changing in December
No more half-assing everything anymore babes, you’re getting me at 100%! I paused some of the projects I was working on, set clear priorities, and created more attainable goals. “Me time” is scheduled every night, and I have set new business hours for myself.
Takeaways for you
- Say no to things and people who do not serve you. I used to be guilty of saying “yes” to everyone and everything. It’s totally okay to say “no” once in awhile! Actually, it’s not just okay – it’s necessary.
- Figure out what your top priorities are this month, and focus on those things.
- Limit yourself to 3 doable goals each day.
- Ask for help. If you run a business, hire an assistant. If you want to lose weight, hire a coach (ahem, I am a coach ;)) If your household is overflowing with laundry and dishes, ask your significant other to pick up some slack.
- Stay present. This is by far the biggest thing I’ve noticed over the last month. I have been present in the moment. For example, why are you stressing about work if you aren’t there yet? Why are you stressing about things that may not happen? Take a deep breath and ask yourself, “Right here, in this moment, is anything bad happening to me?” The answer is probably no.
I look forward to ending the year on a strong, positive note! Something that has helped me immensely is this planner. I highly recommend you check it out!
Hope you can learn from some of my experiences last month. Let me know any questions you have for me in the comments!
Related: 7 Things Every High Vibe Babe Needs
Build Strong Vibes TODAY!
Take the Strong Vibes Challenge! Your guide will be e-mailed to the email you provide below!