Do you want your voice to be heard? A passion you want to share? A product you’re trying to promote? Or maybe, you just want to work towards an income that comes from your laptop! If this sounds like you, maybe it’s time to start your first blog!
So, you’ve probably been going back and forth in your mind thinking about if you should start a blog.
“Will anyone even read what I write?”
“Maybe I’ll just make one anonymously.”
“I don’t even know where to start!”
I totally get it! I was that way before I started too! Once I saw all the potential blogging held though, I felt a fire in my belly I couldn’t ignore. So, DON’T FREAK OUT! I’m here to help you!
Before we get started, I would like to clarify something. When I first started, I did not realize that there was a difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org. There is a HUGE difference. My advice? Don’t use wordpress.com. It’s very limited compared to the freedom you have with the .org version. Here’s an infographic with some more helpful info!
Let’s start with the steps, and then I’ll break ’em down for ya!
- Choose a domain name.
- Get a hosting service.
- Start blogging!
It’s that simple! So let’s get started! My tip to you is to start NOW, not later, NOW! You don’t need to have content prepared. Most people get stuck in the “preparation phase”, but not you! You’re going to take action TODAY to get your dream blog started!
So, let me break down the steps!
- Buying a domain name: (I say buying, because most websites *cough* wordpress.com *cough* will charge you to buy the domain name. Luckily for you, in step two your domain name is included for free!) There are two routes you can go with this. You can either do a branded name, like my page www.buildstrongvibes.com, or just use your name!
- Get a hosting service: There are literally thousands of hosting services to choose from, but personally I highly recommend Bluehost for multiple reasons.
- Bluehost is easy to use! When you’re starting off, you will want simplicity, trust me. This is a huge reason I recommend their service.
- Their service offers fast load times – which is extremely important when trying to attract clients. If your page doesn’t load well, people will look elsewhere.
- Bluehost is affordable! Their prices are already hard to beat, and luckily I have a special coupon code just for my readers! Not only that, but they have a money back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied!
- Their customer service is amazing! They have 24/7 support, along with hundreds of tutorials on everything you will need to know.
- You get a domain name included for FREE!
3. Start blogging! Don’t stress yourself out about this part too much. Remember, you don’t want to be like everyone else who gets stuck in the preparation phase. The best way to create a killer blog is simply to start and learn along the way! You can always save drafts of your work until you’re ready to release it into cyberspace!
To collaborate with other bloggers, join my free Facebook Community!
This page may contain affiliate links - this means I make a small commission when you use one of my links, at no extra cost to you. I only refer companies I use and trust!
Goals, daily planner, grocery list, workout plan & meal plan!