I don’t know if you’re like me, but eating green beans as a side every single day gets BORING.
My latest obsession has been cauliflower! I made Gluten Free Cauliflower Buffalo Wings, and they’re one of my new favorites! It’s such a versatile veggie, and there’s a number of ways you can make copycat meals with it.
So, potato salad? With Cauliflower?
I’m not going to lie to you and pretend like this is EXACTLY like potato salad. However, the taste is borderline identical! If you like potato salad, you’re sure to love this healthy version.
Pro Tip: Use these containers to portion out your meals!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dill relish
- 2 teaspoons finely diced onion
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut the cauliflower into inch sized pieces
- Cook in a steamer basket on the stove top, or alternately add just enough water to cover the bottom of a 12 inch skillet and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add the cauliflower to the skillet and cover to steam.
- Steam for 3-5 minutes. When a fork slides in easily, add the cauliflower to a large bowl. Do not overcook the cauliflower or your salad will be mushy.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs into small pieces and add to the bowl with the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, except for the paprika, and whisk together to form the dressing for the salad.
- Gently fold the dressing into the cauliflower and eggs, stirring to coat each piece. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until cold.